A new report published today by the Communities and Local Government committee has said that large scale institutional investment in the private rented sector (PRS) would drive up standards and tackle issues of affordability.
“The OECD report on Base Erosion and Profit Shifting has laid down a challenge to the United Kingdom and governments around the world to fix the broken tax system. Are they prepared to co-operate fully with other nations to establish an equitable set of rules, or will competitive self-interest continue to win the day?
British Keystone Cops feeling the Strain
Police forces are taking up to 30% longer to react to 999 calls
* In some forces vital minutes have been added to the time it takes for a squad car to arrive at an accident or crime scene
* Just under a third of the police forces that collect response time information confirmed they reacted more slowly to emergency calls in 2012 than they did in 2010
* Some police force 999 emergency response times have increased by over 15%, with one force recording an increase of 30%
* Five police forces have changed their target times since 2010, giving themselves more time to respond to 999 call-outs
* A 23% increase between 2010 and 2012 in the number of calls not answered by the closest police force, but instead being bounced on to a neighbouring force
BT Values Your Call – PLEASE KEEP HOLDING
A NATION OF “STALL CENTRES”
INTRODUCING THE UK’S FIRST ‘PHONE RAGE INDEX’
· Consumer website PleasePress1 launches monthly index charting the companies most likely to waste your time on the phone
· HM Revenue & Customs ranks highest on the rage index with over 38,000 page views in the last month
Responding to the news that Heathrow Airport has submitted 3 proposals for a new runway to the Davies Airport Commission, London Green Party MEP and European elections candidate Jean Lambert has called for an immediate end to any plans to expand airport capacity in London.
July 16, 2013—Panama is holding a North Korean ship, the 1977-built Chon Chon Gang, after war materials were found hidden in containers carrying a cargo of brown sugar from Cuba. A number of reports describe the seized material as missile components or missiles.
We need your voice! There are two bills moving through House committees that would delay the implementation of Obamacare Mandates. The Authority for Mandate Delay Act would delay until 2015 the employer mandate to provide government-approved health insurance while the Fairness for American Families Act delays the individual mandate.