The IRS has nearly 80,000 employees. Have you ever considered why on earth the IRS needs so many employees? The most simple explanation is that our tax code is so unwieldy and so incomprehensible that the government needs tens and tens of thousands of employees just to process the paperwork. That’s a colossal waste of tax dollars!
At Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund, we have been committed to scaling back the IRS, ever since it was revealed in 2013 that the IRS had engaged in a years-long targeting of conservatives and conservative organizations.
One of the most effective ways to scale back the IRS is comprehensive tax reform that will make our tax code simpler. A simpler tax code means fewer IRS agents, which means fewer opportunities for employees to engage in corrupt activities.
Besides the benefit of scaling down the IRS, tax reform also means tax relief for Americans, and it means job growth, which our economy badly needs! Are you ready to join our efforts to support comprehensive tax reform? If so, we have several opportunities this week for you to take action.
First, are you a business owner? Are you a community leader? If so, we invite you to join our tax reform coalition. Read more about our coalition.
Next, please take the following actions this week to put pressure on Congress and the White House:
1. First, please continue calling Congress. Suggested talking points are listed below. Please make sure both of your U.S. Senators and your U.S. Representative all understand that we are eager to see fundamental tax reform put into place.
It looks like we do not have your address in our system, and therefore, cannot locate the members of Congress that represent your state and district. Please Update Your Profile to have this key information provided in the future. In the meantime, visit our Find your Members of Congress area to locate this contact information, or call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 to be transferred to each office. (NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
2. Please make your voice heard on the topic of tax reform on social media. Suggested tweets are listed below.
4. Sign up to host a house party. House parties are one of the best ways you can amplify our message and help others get involved. Want more information? We are here to help, and we will send you a house party kit with everything you need to host your own successful house party.
5. Sign our tax reform petition. Our petitions are the easiest and most effective way to make your voice heard.
And, of course, please share this petition on social media.
We look forward to hearing from you about your engagement this week on the subject of tax reform! Let us know if you have any ideas for other actions you would like to see us take on tax reform.
Jenny Beth Martin
- The U.S. tax code is a complicated mess and a drain on the economy.
- Americans waste time and money preparing their taxes each year because our tax code is so complicated.
- Tax reform in our country is long overdue.
- Americans want a tax code that is simpler, flatter, and fairer.
- Americans want a tax code that is simpler, with less need to employ accountants and tax attorneys to navigate the code.
- Our current tax system slows economic growth, and reduces opportunity and wages for all Americans.
- President Trump campaigned on pro-growth tax reform, and the American people stand behind him on that goal.
- Americans are ready for tax reform that moves our nation forward.
- The proposed tax reform will make the United States a better place to invest and do business.