Congress has just two weeks left in Washington, DC to finish its work, and we have a few specific actions for you to take this week.
|With this limited timeframe in the lame duck session, we have to focus our efforts in order to be as effective as possible.
The Democrats are getting ready to take control of the House in January with what will likely be their most radical members ever. The incoming Democrat majority includes radicals who support socialism, want to expand ObamaCare, and are determined to undo all of the progress President Trump has unleashed in his first two years in office.
Before we get busy with the holiday season, please help us encourage the GOP to do as much as they can before the radical extremists in the Democrat party take over the House.
Please take the following three actions this week:
1. Call Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s office and stress the importance of staying in session longer in December. The Senate should stay in session past December 7 – all the way through January 2 – so they can confirm as many judicial and executive branch appointees as possible. Any nominee who is not confirmed before the beginning of the new Congress will have to be nominated all over again, and go through the committee hearing process again, so it’s important to get as many of them through now as we can.
2. Whether you live in South Carolina or not, you can help us with this special request. Sen. Tim Scott has indicated that he will block President Trump’s judicial nominee Thomas Farr. If you live in South Carolina, please call and tweet Sen. Tim Scott. If you live elsewhere, please at least send out the following tweet.
3. We are hearing that Sen. Shelby is working with Democrats to block the inclusion of a citizenship question on the Census questionnaires. There is no conservative basis for doing this, and we need him to know that Americans want that question included as a survey question. Please call Sen. Shelby directly and tweet him if you live in Alabama, or just tweet him if you outside the state. Whether you live in Alabama or not, you can take part in this much-needed action item.
4. Call your representative and your two senators, and ask them to pass a reconciliation bill that makes the individual tax cuts permanent and secures the border.
5. Call your representative and your two senators, and ask them to repeal the ObamaCare Employer Mandate in a reconciliation bill.
It looks like we do not have your address in our system, and therefore, cannot locate the members of Congress that represent your state and district. Please Update Your Profile to have this key information provided in the future. In the meantime, visit our Find Your Members of Congress area to locate this contact information, or call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 to be transferred to each office. (NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
By taking these simple actions, you will be helping us make a real difference in the final month of 2018.
Jenny Beth Martin
THIS WEEK’S ACTION ITEMS