The Democrats’ behavior was outrageous, and they chose to follow the terrible advice of New York liberal Senator Chuck Schumer, who believes amnesty efforts should be prioritized over the needs of American citizens.
Yesterday, the Senate Democrats agreed to end their shutdown on the condition that there will be a vote on DACA, and broader immigration issues, soon. That means there is an urgent need for us to make our voices heard on Capitol Hill.
Please take the following actions TODAY. We have talking points below for your conversations with Members of Congress.
First, call your Senators’ offices.
It looks like we do not have your address in our system, and therefore, cannot locate the senators that represent your state. Please Update Your Profile to have this key information provided in the future. In the meantime, visit our Find Your Members of Congress area to locate this contact information, or call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 to be transferred to each office. (NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
- If speaking to a Republican, be sure to express support and gratitude that the Republicans’ remained strong.
- If you are speaking with Democrat Senators, express your frustration that the Democrats were willing to shutdown the government because of their stubborn support for an unpopular amnesty program for illegal immigrants.
Next, be sure to sign our petition to tell Congress to release a classified memo on FISA spying abuses, the FBI’s involvement, and the Trump-Russia dossier to the American public. Americans deserve to know what’s in that memo!
Jenny Beth Martin
REPUBLICANS, THANK YOU FOR STANDING FIRM DURING THE SCHUMER SHUTDOWN
- The American people want a secure border and an “America first” immigration policy, and we want our nation’s immigration laws respected.
- Americans understand that the government shutdown was entirely orchestrated by Senate Democrats, who are determined to ram unpopular amnesty programs through Congress.
- Congress must stand up for the rule of law and say NO to amnesty for illegal immigrants.
- Americans want an end to chain migration. This policy is out of touch with our nation’s immigration needs.
THE DEMOCRATS CAUSED THE SCHUMER SHUTDOWN
- The American people understand that it is the Democrats in the Senate, led by Chuck Schumer, who caused last week’s government shutdown.
- Republicans did the right thing by standing firm against the Democrats’ political games.
- The Democrats have been consistently wrong on immigration and were out of touch with voters across the entire country in their decision& to shutdown the government in an attempt to get a speedy amnesty for certain illegal immigrants.