This week is our national fly-in conference, and we are looking forward to a great event with an outstanding speaker lineup.
|We have a few actions we should all take this week, before Congress heads out of Washington for August recess.
1. First, now that President Trump has nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court, we have the opportunity to make sure the Senate swiftly confirms this qualified nominee.
Please sign the petition to show support for Judge Kavanaugh and to urge the Senate to confirm him without delay! Also, be sure to share this petition on social media with your friends.
2. Next, please also take a few minutes to call both of your U.S. Senators and ask them to support Judge Kavanaugh.
Visit our Find Your Members of Congress area to locate this contact information, or call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 to be transferred to each office. (NOTE: You will need to call the Capitol Switchboard each time to be transferred.)
We have included talking points below for your use with these calls, as well as sample tweets to use on Twitter. We will have additional opportunities to support Judge Kavanaugh in the coming weeks.
3. If you love America and believe we should continue to be a nation that cherishes the rule of law, please sign our Pledge to Vote and share with friends on social media. Leftist organizations are tearing down American institutions and destroying civility in our country. Please join us by taking this pledge that you will show up in November and vote for the candidates who share our core values.
I look forward to seeing some of you in Washington, D.C. this week, and to updating all of you about our fly-in over the coming week.
THIS WEEK’S ACTION ITEMS
- The American people elected Donald Trump as president, and expect that his nominees to the judicial branch – especially to the Supreme Court – will be given fair hearings and that they will be confirmed by the Senate.
- The Senate should move swiftly to confirm Judge Brett Kavanaugh, who is well qualified for the Supreme Court.
- Judge Kavanaugh has a stellar record of defending individual liberty, including religious freedom and political free speech.
- President Trump has nominated someone who will look to the Constitution for each of his decisions on the High Court.