A Contract Notice and Pre-Qualification Questionnaire has been issued for an independent appraisal of the approaches to the restoration and renewal of the Palace of Westminster.
The Palace, an iconic and internationally recognised building, is a key feature of the Westminster UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
Responses are required by 12.00pm on 14 June, bidders can view the Contract Notice online.
The successful bidder will be tasked with examining the costs, benefits, risks and general feasibility of three possible approaches to the restoration and renewal of the Palace, which are:
* continuing repairs and replacement of the fabric and systems in the Palace over an indefinite period
* a defined, rolling programme of more substantial interventions, but still working around continued use of the Palace
* scheduling the works over a more concentrated period with parliamentary activities moved elsewhere and unfettered access to the Palace for the delivery of the works
Notes to Editors:
1. For more information on the Palace of Westminster restoration and renewal programme please see the programme’s webpage on the Parliamentary website.
2. The full contract notice can be found online here.
3. For media inquiries please contact Owen Williams on 020 7219 8550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Parties interested in bidding for the contract to undertake the independent appraisal should contact email@example.com quoting reference GSV1179 for further information.