Douglas Carswell Unveils Labour’s New Social Media Code of Conduct
Readers will be well aware that the Labour Party have been busy devising a new code of conduct for social media, intended to hush up party members who are critical of Jeremy Corbyn online. Just what the code of conduct will stipulate however has been subject to fevered speculation, including from UKIP's sole MP Douglas Carswell. The member for Clacton has even been kind enough to chip in with his own advice for those drafting the guidelines:
1. Do remember that in the new politics the party whips are much more relaxed – so always tweet on message
2. Don't be disrespectful to others - unless you're referring to Simon Danczuk or Tristram or Blair. Or anyone not in Momentum.
3. Don't use hate speech – unless you're talking about #Toryscum. Remember someone need not be a Tory to be #ToryScum
4. Do broadcast your support for foreign terrorist groups – especially if you're a party spin doctor
5. Do express your opposition to evil multinationals using an Apple, Samsung, or Sony device, and where possible free Wifi provided by Starbucks
6. Do use Facebook to complain about how Facebook doesn't pay enough tax
7. Should you lose a debate or election among real voters, do retreat into your Twitter timeline to have your prejudices reinforced.
8. Jeremy Corbyn is the New Politics - so do not disagree
9. Don't forget that in the new politics likes are more important than votes
10. Use a hashtag to signal your virtue and differentiate you from #ToryScum
Guido of course deplores Carswell's personal attacks on the Corbynites as a relic of the old politics...LOL
reevoguido | November 24, 2015 at 1:33 pm | Tags: Labour, Labour Party, UKIP | Categories: Guido Fawkes | URL: http://wp.me/pvx79-TsJ